Thursday, July 28, 2011

How to Make Bread on YouTube - Refúgio das Pedras

I'm making some real bread. The original recipe (which is below the modified recipe) is to die for, but I had to modify it, because I didn't have the fresh yeast, wheat flour, or wheat bran. Plus I was doing it with one hand. Let's see how it turns out... My Modified Recipe: "Throwing Bricks" (cause that's probably how it'll turn out) 10g dry yeast 1 1/2 cup of warm water 3/8 cup of brown sugar (a little less than 1/2 cup) 6 1/2 cups of flour (I messed up the count...) 1/2 cup of wheat germ 1 1/2 tbsp margarine 1 1/2 tsp salt 2 eggs Preparation: - Dissolve yeast in warm water - Add the sugar, margarine, salt, egg, wheat germ and one (1) cup flour - Whisk the mixer for 3-5 minutes so that it's a smooth liquid - Add the rest of the flour and bran until the dough is smooth and doesn't stick - Grease an pan and place the dough (I cut it in two pieces) - Let it rise for 30-40 minutes or until double in volume. - Bake in moderate oven (240°C or 464°F) for 30-40 minutes. -- Some places I messed up... I used too much flour; I should have used the about a cup or so less and worked up to the non-sticky/smooth dough. I used one hand the whole way, damned camera! I didn't warm the oven slightly to let it rise (not hot, just a good temp to rise in). I didn't let it rise enough. Oven was too hot, so the dough couldn't cook all the way through before burning the bottom (my bad). I didn't have all the ingredients, so had to improvise. Other than that, it was fine ...

No comments:

Post a Comment